Monday, February 23, 2009

By Invitation Only

I was watching a concert on TV the other day with a very famous artist. The concert was in a really small venue and was titled "By Invitation Only". It got me thinking about the church and about what I have the privilege of being a part of week after week. I wonder how often we sit through a church service where God restores us, forgives us, inspires us, etc... or when have a family experience with our fellow church body, when we work together to help somebody in need. So we do all these amazing things to help each other and to help those in need and we experience the family atmosphere in a church service where God does all those awesome things for us... BUT!

How many times do I unintentional go through my week and completely forget to share what God means to me. It is amazing the opportunities I pass up on unintentionally, but sometimes intentionally. I know a lot of people in our church alone who would have never came to Christ if it was not for the invitation. Somebody got to know these people, showed them the love of Christ, and invited them to a new way of life. Not everybody hits rock bottom and just decides to try out God. Think of the people you pass every single day just looking for a way out.

In short: Don't forget the people who will only find Christ by Invitation Only...

Brad

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very true. We all need to step out of our comfort zones and invite more people. We shouldn't be scared of what others will think when we share the good news of Christ and what He's done in our lives. Who cares if we get put out of the social "circle"?(Which I have to admit that I've been guilty of that.) Who are we to be scared of that when He sacrificed so much for us? Invest and invite! Who knows, you could be saving someone's life. =)

Thanks for your words, Brad. Great job!

Katie

Josh Napier said...

I am one of those people!

Anonymous said...

Brad, It's great tp hear from you again so soon !! Sorry, I just couldn't resist taking another poke at you. Those are some much needed thoughts you have shared with us. I was reminded of a saying that went something like ... If you are the only bible someone will read today what kind of message will they receive ? What that says to me is that we need to live by example and what you said to me was that while I am trying to live so that those around me will know that I am a christian I need to take the time to share with them why I live the way I do !! Thanks for the message, keep up the good work !!