Saturday, March 14, 2009

Revived

Psalm 119: 156
Lord, how great is your mercy; let me be revived by following your regulations.

I can't type enough to explain what God is pushing 20+ young adults to do in Siloam Springs Arkansas. I have been a part of hype, I have been a part of name it and claim it, I have been a part of people talking for the sake of talking about Gods so called will... BUT... I have never seen anything like what God desires for New Life Tabernacle in Siloam Springs Arkansas.

These young adults I am talking about are the foundation of something amazing. The challenge is keeping a firm foundation. When one part of the foundation is weak, the others pick up the weight till it's fixed. See the problem with most "ministries" is exactly that. When 2 or 3 parts of the foundation get weak nobody picks them up. In fact more and more of the foundation weakens till the whole thing collapses. Then all the weight, favor, responsibility, hard work, growth, potential, future completely scatter into a million pieces.

I look at these huge ministries around the world and I realize the foundation got stronger by the day. Even when one part was weak, because the foundation grew so much that that one little section was so minute it didn't phase the rest of it. These amazing ministries didn't just say "well we have a great starting point, and great leadership so lets stop here", instead they kept growing it, kept building it, kept adding on to it and because of that God continued to give more.

So here we are in this small town of Siloam Springs but with this abnormal number of talented, loving, able, willing young adults. This my friends is the start of a firm foundation. With this I am honestly scared to think about what could happen if they can keep the finish line in mind. Let this post be a memory of the day I saw it so clearly. Let it be a memory of the beginning of greatness.

Scatter brained? Yes thanks for noticing... more to come!

Brad

1 comment:

MiKeG said...

Amazing, and you're right, from this day forward this church won't be the same....the blessings will follow those who give to and for the kingdom. I'm excited about what's going to happen.