Thursday, November 6, 2008

Post Election

So the election is over and I just don't feel like I got my moneys worth. It ended sooo fast! Ok I'm joking... I am SOOOO glad it is over. I have not been on here in a while due to the time factor. I had some disappointments when the nominations were selected by both parties, and had some disappointments as the President Elect was announced. I, like Kenny Liles noticed a lot of negative criticism from all my friends who were not supporting Obama. I would like to remind you that just because a man is named President does not mean he can change everything that we stand for as Christians. The constitution says "We The People..." and we still have a voice. There is a reason for our State Representatives. How many of you have every actually emailed your State Representative to let him/her know how you feel about a topic on Capitol Hill? We as a Christian nation need to remember that the outcome of this election is a wake up call. The vote was won by the young voters. That tells me that we need to do a better job of raising a young nation with morals and understanding. So Youth Pastors like myself have to take that to heart and understand the importance. I do not want to dictate a society that may not be Christian, I want to reach a society that isn't Christian. I am tired of the Christian community trying to tell Americans how to live. Jesus was a friend to everybody, no matter what they believed. He didn't go after them, they came after him. So don't decide the world is going to end now, instead be a voice like never before. Stand up for your beliefs, and reach a lost nation. Not Religion... Relationship.

B-Rad

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad to see you back in the blogland of the living. Did i really not tell you about Kenya?? We should talk.

Brad Hampton said...

Yeah man your last few posts inspired me. Good stuff.